Introduction And Background
Acne is a pretty scary skin condition and most of the people detest having it. They think that having acne is probably the worst thing that ever happened to them and rightfully so. Acne is not something that can be taken very calmly. In fact, it is not even something that can be ignored as this skin condition is most prevalent on the face. In this article, we will learn where acne really lies mostly, the symptoms of it and how to take care of it. Measures of curing acne are not that hard once you know what they are and abide by doing it. They can also be helpful in preventing acne in the first place!
Acne On The Head
We all know that acne is most prevalent on the face, as mentioned above. However, it is still found on the shoulders, even on the arms at times and around the neck region. But still, it is most common on the face, especially on the head. About seventy five percent of the teenagers have acne on the head too while all of them have it on either side of the cheeks too. Acne on the head is common, especially amongst boys. The girls also get it on the head but theirs is more related to the cheek. The reason behind this has not been known yet but we all know why acne is on the head mostly; it is a major part of the T zone, the oily area of the face. Similarly because of this, acne can be on the nose too. However, we are more concerned with head acne right now.
Symptoms Of Acne On The Head
The symptoms of acne on the head are the same as the symptoms of acne on the face or any other part of the body. Redness and inflammation occurs and the pimples and spots are clearly visible. The spots that and inflammations that can occur due to acne are:
These are the most common ones and amongst these, pimples are the most common. This word is so common that we often refer to acne as just pimples and do not call it acne. That is the wrong terminology however. These are the major symptoms of acne on the head.
How To Take Care Of Acne On The Head?
This is again no different from acne on any other part of the body. Taking care of acne on the head is just like taking care of acne usually. There are steps to be taken to prevent it from getting worse and of course the healing process has to start. Here are a few things one can do to take care of acne on the head:
- Keep the face clean at all times. Do not let it get too oily or too dry and especially refrain from getting it too dirty. Clogged pores are the major reason of why one gets acne and if that reason is dealt with and solved in time, life gets a lot better.
- Use good sort of makeup and do not let it get too worse. The skin care products are often not of a good quality and that can easily lead to acne as well. However, do not worry and use makeup less often than usual. If you can, try to stay off makeup as a whole if your acne is worse. It will aggravate it further.
- Your diet has to be perfect. Eat a lot of vitamins and fruits and vegetables as they are good for the skin. Find out which fruits and vegetables contain antioxidant vitamins and you will be on the perfect road to recovery!
- Do not touch your face too much. It can cause aggravation of the acne and it can lead to further bacteria spreading as your hand comes into contact with a lot of objects throughout the day and probably has more germs than you can count.
- Drink a lot of water. This is as important as the dieting factor and one can only be too sure about it. The water is life of the skin and if you drink enough of it, your skin will glow and automatically become better.
- Do not go out in the sunshine as the sun will shine on the head and further aggravate your acne.
Acne on the head is the same as acne anywhere else. You have to take good care of it and make sure it does not worsen. However, one thing to be certain of is that acne is not at all the type of skin condition you would want to ignore. If you want to get dermal creams and go to the doctor, get it. Do not ignore it.