Introduction and background
Scalp acne is a common skin condition that affects many people. It is caused in the same way as acne on the face, back and chest. Acne is the result of too much oil and dead skin clogging the pores. This leads to outbreaks of pimples, blackheads and other skin eruptions. The treatment for scalp acne is a little different than the treatment of face acne, but the principles are the same. Cleanliness and adhering to a regimen will help to reduce and get rid of scalp acne.
What causes acne on scalp?
The exact cause of acne on the scalp is not known. Some cases may be due to an allergic reaction to shampoos and similar products. Others may be caused by micro-organisms such as mites, yeast or bacteria on the scalp. Regardless, the pimples can be itchy, painful and difficult to treat topically as they are usually buried under the hair.
Here are few ways to combat premenstrual acne, and put an end to the stigma of monthly premenstrual acne.
- Skin conditions are not simply a problem for teenagers. A problem like scalp acne can afflict anyone no matter what the age. While the name is scalp acne, this skin condition can affect other areas of the body like the face, armpits and legs. For less severe scalp acne problems, there are ways to treat scalp acne naturally, provided a person understands the necessary steps.
- Wash your hair thoroughly with soda water. It may sound odd but soda water helps dry out the infected area if you run some over the scalp. Then let it soak in for a few minutes and then wash out the soda water. Shampoo and rinse the soda water out of your hair.
- Use white vinegar to rinse your hair before taking your shower. Follow the same steps as you did with the soda water. After using the white vinegar, you may want to shampoo the hair with baby shampoo to get the smell out of your hair.
- Sprinkle a handful of baby powder in your hair and on the scalp. Then, massage the baby powder into scalp. Let it sink into your scalp for at least a few hours. Be sure to do this when you have nothing on you social calendar.
- Shampoo you hair with natural products. Harsh chemicals can cause scalp acne and using milder natural shampoos can help eliminate or deter an outbreak. This is after using the previous 3 steps to get the scalp acne problem under control. If the problem persists or gets worse, see a dermatologist for further treatment.
- You can alsoÂ try applying an over-the-counter acne medicine such as salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide to the pimples. These work by removing the dirt and oil clogging the pores in your scalp. They should be applied after you have washed your hair. These medicines can be dehydrating and could potentially bleach the hair. So be careful to apply the medicine only to the affected area and not all over your hair.
- If your case if more severe, you may need to try a prescription medicine, such as an oral steroid, to ease your symptoms. In this case, you need to visit your doctor or dermatologist. You may also need treatment with topical antibiotics such as clindamycin or erythromycin solutions. Oral antibiotics like tetracycline might also be required.
- If youâ€™re looking for something more natural and in tune with your body, try using herbal treatments in your quest for blemish-free skin.Â For every ailment affecting the human body, including acne, there are multiple herbs herbal treatments available. Natural herbal medicine offers a number of plants with the power to promote skin healing, reduce bacteria and inflammation. If you are looking for a gentle and natural approach to treating acne scars, look no further than your local health food store.
Scalp acne can be the result of multiple causes. Irritating shampoos or skin disorders can trigger acne breakouts on the scalp. Curing scalp acne can be as simple as switching shampoos or can involve medical intervention. Regardless of the cause, acne can be uncomfortable but there are treatments that can help.
Incoming search terms:
- antibiotics fr scalp acne locally in nigeria
- bumps on scalp of an infant and necessary treatment to cure it
- shampoo for becterial in scalp acne