Introduction And Background
We all have our defense mechanisms. We buy sprays to kill mosquitoes. We buy other stuff to counter whatever we want to. But what about acne? What exactly is our defense mechanism for that? Truth be told, everyone is still confused at the best solution. Some simply walk to the market and buy the most expensive dermal cream or go to the doctor and pay him a lot for his advice. Some buy herbal supplements and they seem the happiest of all, if I am to be honest. However, this article is not about promoting something and downing another. It is about enhancing your education on certain herbs which are useful and efficient to counter an acne problem.
Herbs are definitely healthy. We all know that they are natural and cannot possibly harm us in any way. The name itself brings a general healthy and strong image and picture. They have been used for centuries to fight many diseases, especially in old Chinese medicine. Wives have used herbs in the oldest of times to heal some wound or treat their children. It is the most basic form of healing, a gift from nature itself. It is known to have no side effects unless of course you are somehow allergic to that specific herb itself!
Best Known Herbs To Counter Acne
Herbs are the best way to cure your acne. You donâ€™t spend too much money and treat it all by yourself!
- Tea Tree Oil â€“ If youâ€™ve done your research on acne treatments, youâ€™ll know that there is no place where this particular herb isnâ€™t mentioned. It is a oil extracted from a herb and is a natural anti-bacterial agent. It also smoothens your skin and nourishes it along with healing it from any inflammation and bacteria that has settled inside the pores.
- Aloe Vera â€“ There are even lotions and cleansers available that have the same name as Aloe Vera. This plant is like a heavenly present to the skin. Iâ€™m serious! Not only does it keep the skin soft and smooth, but it also reduces the inflammation that has been caused by acne as well as the redness that comes with it! Aloe Vera is the perfect herb. Apply it several times and youâ€™ll see the difference.
- Garlic â€“ yes, we all know that garlic does not smell that nice and it is mostly used in food. However, garlic is also a really beneficial herb. It boosts the immunity of the skin and helps fight the acne from the inside. It is also a great anti-bacterial.
- Dandelion Root â€“ This has immense powers to heal. Most people do not only apply it on the skin but there have been cases of home remedies involving dandelion root tea that detoxifies the body and the toxins that are causing the acne, creating a quick road to recovery for the person who has it.
- Sandalwood â€“ This is not a â€˜best known herbâ€™ for acne use and I donâ€™t really know why. It is quite a famous herb and has all the essential actions that are in the other herbs, most important of all the anti-inflammatory action.
- Lavender â€“ It is used in the same sense as the tea tree oil. Applying it on a few times a day will freshen the skin and reduce the blemishes and scarring that acne has created.
- Burdock Root â€“ This is one of the herbs that can be applied onto the skin as well as taken internally. People mostly make tea out of this herb and it is known to reduce the acne considerably.
- Echinacea â€“ This is one of the most important herbs ever. It is used to treat many other things, not just acne. It enhances the immunity to greater levels and besides being used in Chinese medicine and for herbal treatment, it is also used to make homeopathic treatment drops! Trust me, you donâ€™t want to miss out on this herb!
How To Handle
Almost all of the herbs that youâ€™ve read are applied topically. But they can also be taken internally as well, but not all of them. The important thing to remember is to apply the herbs carefully and in the way they are supposed to be. For instance, swab a cotton ball into the tea tree oil and gently dab it onto the skin. And remember to be patient. Healing the skin is not quick process and it takes time, no matter what treatment method you are using.
Herbs are essentially everywhere. Even the grass is a specific kind of herb. However, in this century we are well read and know the benefits of using these herbs. Do not miss out on this, especially if you want to get rid of your acne in a natural and healthy way.