Introduction And Background
There are people who blame acne entirely on genetics. They think that whatever they do, it will be useless because their parents had acne or their siblings had acne and they will too. Genetics do play a major role in acne, no one is denying that. But solely thinking that nothing can prevent acne from happening or nothing can lessen the effects and make acne disappear soon is wrong thinking. True, acne is not an easy thing to deal with and sometimes things become so worse that all hopes of curing it go away. But the thing is, acne does go away. And you have to reach the root of the cause which is skin care ninety percent of the time.
What Are The Causes Of Acne?
There are several reasons why we get acne. They are listed below:
- One, you already know, is genetics. If the parents had acne, it is likely that the child will as well. It might be in the hormones or it might be the atmosphere but this happens most of the time.
- Blockage of pores also causes acne. The sweat and the sebum secreted can block the pores in the skin which causes slightly inflammation or blackheads and whiteheads. It can lead to several of them which can easily lead to acne.
- An allergic reaction can also cause acne.
- Puberty is one of the leading causes of acne. The hormonal changes in the body can cause changes on the skin too and a simple case of pimples can become aggravated to be a case of acne.
How Can Skin Care Cure Or Prevent Acne?
Skin care is important and it does not mean that you take the skin and pet it. It means that you take care of the skin the proper way by cleaning it, giving it what it needs and making sure you are eating the right things. Skin care can easily prevent acne because if you are taking good care of the skin there is really no reason for acne to develop. If you are cleaning up properly and there no accumulation of oil in pores and if you are eating the right diet and making sure that the skin remains spotless, then there really is no reason why you should be getting acne. You can also cure the acne by skin care because even if you are taking certain supplements and creams for the acne, you still need to ensure that you are doing your part even if the medicine is doing its part. You still need to maintain a good sense of hygiene and you need to make sure your diet is better than ever, if you want to cure the acne.
A Simple Rule
Never touch your pimples. We often tend to touch the pimples and blackheads that form on the skin or we try to take out the pus from the whiteheads by squeezing. This can damage the skin and easily lead to spots and scarring. And since our hands contain the most bacteria than any other part of the body because of excessive contact with objects all around, it can also aggravate the acne further. So follow this simple rule to ensure you do not make the acne condition worse. Do not touch your pimples.
How To Provide The Perfect Skin Care?
In order to provide the perfect skin care, you need to do these five things:
- Drink excessive water. Water is actually a really good healer. It washes away the toxic substances in the body and it also lessens the acne spots somewhat.
- Wear less make-up. Cosmetics are the main reason of blocked pores in women which is why they develop cases of acne. Wearing a lot of make-up not only brings about acne but it also damages the skin and ensures wrinkles at an earlier age than usual or the average. This is also not good.
- Make sure there are vegetables in your diet. Having fruits is also important but some research material has proven that sweets can have an adverse effect on acne. This does not mean that you get rid of fruits because they provide the vitamins and minerals that your skin badly needs. And even vegetables have sugar in them. But eat vegetables more.
- Wash your face at least twice a day. But make sure you do not keep on washing it because having dry skin also aggravates acne.
- Avoid extreme exposure to sunlight. This is the best skin care act you can do for yourself. Sunlight can badly damage the skin if the exposure to is for a long time. Do yourself a favor and not bask in the sunlight for more than fifteen minutes.